www to non-www redirection – redirected
Google PageRank – 0 – Website PageRank is too low. The PageRank goes from 0 to 10. New websites start at PR0 and authority websites, like Twitter.com, have a PR10. Websites with a high PageRank are crawled more frequently and their outgoing links have more passing juice.
Domain Authority – 1/100
Page Authority – 1/100
Site age in year – Unable to determine
Google analytics setup -Present
Google & Bing Webmaster Tool – None, setup Google & Bing Webmaster tool and Bing Webmaster tool, this tools allow us to diagnose website technical related issues of the site such as crawling and indexing issues.
Robot.txt setup – Present
Sitemap.xml setup – Present
Sitemap page setup – None, create HTML sitemap for the site, Matt Cutts recommended to setup HTML sitemap as it is a good way to distribute Page Rank on your site. This is important for usability and SEO purposes as well.
Google listing – None, create Google places listing as it is one of the most important local SEO ranking factors. Google listing allows you to be listed on Google map, so that your clients or customers can easily locate you.
Optimization – Recommendations
Homepage – Website doesn’t have content. From SEO point of view the more content on a home page, there’s more text for Googlebot to find.
Heading Tag – Website homepage doesn’t have an h1 tag since it doesn’t have a content. Other pages of the site are utilizing H1 tag but not well optimize. Consider integrating a marketing statement and your target keyword on your H1 since search spiders pay attention to the words used in the h1 tag as it should contain a basic description of the page content, just as the page title does.
Keywords density – Website doesn’t have a keyword density. Keywords density and consistency are notable factors for optimal page SEO.
Internal links /Deep links – None, consider implementing internal linking. Internal linking is important in establishing site structure and spreading link juices.
Geo targeted keywords – Present (Walsh Bay Sydney)
Social Proofs – Present
Analysis & Recommendations:
Website loading time is high. Website needs a serious tweaks to reduce the loading time. Website loading time greatly effect the website conversion. On April 9th, 2010, page load speed officially became a part of the Google search ranking algorithm. For usability reasons, best practices dictate that a web page should load within 1-2 seconds on a typical DSL connection. However, according to Google Webmaster Tools data a load time of 1.4 seconds is the threshold between a fast page and a slow page. That means, ideally that your website should load in 1.4 seconds or less, to receive the maximum SEO benefit for fast loading pages. Please see below additional recommendations to decrease the load time of the site.
- Leverage browser caching
- Reduce server response time
- Minify CSS
- Optimize images
- Minify HTML
- To see the detailed information about the recommendations above check this link developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=www.sydneyrestaurants.com
Social media Stats and Visibility
Recommendation: Create social media account on the social media sites indicated above. Adding social signals can help boost credibility, online reputation & visibility. The impact of social media is huge for certain industries, take advantage of this digital version of word-of-mouth marketing. When someone links to a website from their website, Google see that as an endorsement, and that endorsement increases a website’s ability to rank well. Social signals have a similar effect. When someone tweets or shares a link to your website, that is seen as an endorsement much like a link. The “trust and authority” of the person who sent that link is treated just like trust and authority for a website, and is based on the authority of the social user. High level of social activity increases domain authority and ability to rank higher, helps search engines to find and index new content in real-time, provides indicators for content authenticity and readers engagement.
- Website needs more content most especially the homepage section of the website.
- Add an ALT attribute to all images.
- Improve the metas of your website (title and description), integrate semantic and targeted keywords aside from brand keywords.
- Optimize your different social media channels by updating it frequently. Social media sites are good source of referral traffic. Through social media also, you can engage your customer and increase your brand.
- Consider adding a video presentation about your business. A good video presentation drives brand engagement at the same time it leaves consumers positive impression about your business.
- Implement schema markup and Google authorship.
- Offpage SEO – Website domain authority is too low. Higher domain authority means that your site is more likely to rank higher in search engines.